The greatest two minutes in sports…may be experienced at our Derby Dinner for ALS!
Whether you’re a jockey or simply betting on the right horse, everyone’s a winner!
Our three-legged race provides an opportunity for teams to do some fundraising on their own for the LVH ALS Foundation. You can form a team, set up your own fundraising page and plan to race the 100-yard track the night of our dinner, while fans place their bets and cheer you on.
The winning team gets a bottle of champagne. Participants who bet on the winning “horse” will have their name go into a drawing, and the winning draw will get tickets to next year’s Kentucky Derby!
The betting window will open at 6:30 pm and stays open until the race begins.
Setting Up a Racing Team
Each three-legged team is asked to create a personal webpage for their “team” that will allow them to:
- Create and design a personal webpage to email out to solicit donations
- Give their supporters the ability to donate online with a credit card
- See how much other teams have raised so far online
- Find out more information about the LVH Foundation and Event
Teams should share their pages with friends and family through email and social media to generate buzz and get the fundraising going. Here’s how to form YOUR team and get a team page started:
- Go to crowdrise.com
- Click on “Find an Event” and search for “LVH ALS Foundation”
- Select the fundraiser titled “Race for a Cure to Defeat ALS Three Legged Race”
- Select “Join the Team” near the bottom of the page.
- Join using social media or create your own Crowdrise account
- Click “Join the Team” again
- Set up your team page with a fundraising goal, photos ,etc.
- Share the page and link through email and social media (much easier for people to find your team than by going to Crowdrise directly)
Make sure that anyone you encourage to donate selects your name from the Team Member drop down menu so you get credit towards prizes, etc. If donors want to mail a donation check, ask them to send it to:
The LVH ALS Foundation
P.O. Box 2036, Advance, NC 27006
Check back often as new team pages are being added daily! Here’s who is on the racing ballot so far – click the team names to visit their pages.
Three-Legged, Butt-Kicking Machine